Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Roast It...


In a recent conversation with my mother we were talking about cooking dinner, of course because what else would we be talking about, and she said well you roast everything...and that is correct!  Roasting is my favorite cooking method for vegetables.   I just love that crispy, caramelized delicious flavor of a roasted vegetable.  In my opinion it gives the vegetable life and flavor.  It is the complete opposite of a boiled, limp, bland vegetable that nobody wants to eat.  Now granted I am sure that there is a vegetable that cannot be roasted and when I find it I will let you know but in the meantime let's roast veggies.

Roasted Greens
1 lb. Green Beans (cleaned)
Medium Onion (sliced)
Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper
2 Handfuls Pecans (chopped fine)
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat the oven to 350
In a bowl toss the beans and onion with olive oil
Season with salt/pepper
Lay beans on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes
After 10 minutes turn beans over and roast for an additional 10 minutes
Remove from oven
Toss with pecans and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese





Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

pastry arts school said...

Really, it;s a very good work. Keep writing this type of excellent articles. Thanks....


pastry chef education