Monday, June 4, 2012

What's For Lunch...


I decided I was having a macaroni for lunch today and am I so glad I did. I just created a recipe that was so fast, fresh and delicious. I am still eating it while I am typing this blog post - I am that excited to share it with you!  Chances are you probably cannot just whip it up, like I just did, because you are at the office or on the road but you can surely make it tonight when you get home for an amazing alternative to that turkey and cheese on rye.


This recipe was created from the ingredients I had in the kitchen today.   Elbow macaroni, chicken peas (left over from the salad I made the other night), fresh cherry tomatoes, basil and some simple seasoning.  What a lunch for me today- I wonder what I will make tomorrow?



Lunchtime Pasta
1/2 lb. Elbow Macaroni
Salt
Lemon Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6-8 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1/3 Cup Chick Peas (rinsed and drained)
Basil Leaves (julienned or torn into small pieces)
Parmesan Cheese


Cook the macaroni according to package and drain well
Place pasta in a bowl large enough to toss 
Season with salt and lemon pepper
Drizzle with oil 
Turn to coat
Add tomatoeschick peas and basil 
Turn to coat again 
Add more olive oil if needed (the pasta should be coated not swimming)
Optional - top with Parmesan cheese
Enjoy...





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: